Hermana Douglas

Hermana Douglas

Monday, September 7, 2015

A Little About Me

Well, I have decided to start a missionary blog, to keep track of all my letters from my mission. I am serving a mission in the Costa Rica San Jose West Mission. I will be speaking Spanish and I leave for the MTC on September 30th, 2015. I am so excited to serve the Lord. This summer has been crazy and I have loved every minute of it. I have learned more about myself and about God. I got the chance to go through the temple a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, it has been an incredible experience. I love going through and I have yet to miss a week! I leave in 23 days for the MTC. This week I received the topic for my farewell talk, which I will probably post here as well. I am speaking on the Family: A Proclamation to the World. I have so many ideas on what to talk about, but none of them are coming together yet.
Preparing for a mission has certainly been daunting. I am struggling to get through the Book of Mormon before I leave and at times I feel like there is so much more I can learn to be a better missionary. But then I realize that I just need to trust in the Lord and everything will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment