Hermana Douglas

Hermana Douglas

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

MTC: Week 4

Dear Friends and Family,
This week has been so cool and so much fun! Last week on P-day my zone played volleyball for about 2 hours because we had extra time! It was so much fun! Also my new favorite thing to do at the MTC is the temple walk on Sunday! It is so relaxing and incredible to see all the missionaries walking around the temple. As one of the girls in my zone said, "We look like an army." And in a way we are. We are all gathered to go into the trenches and fight for the Lord. We defend Him, we recruit for Him, and we fight in His name. We really are as the Army of Helaman. If you think about that, it is really true. The stripling warriors were never defeated, but all of them were wounded. We as missionaries are all going to feel pain, disappointment, hurt, and broken on our missions. But we will win in the end. And if we are faithful we will come off stronger. 
 

​This is my zone! One district left this week and they were awesome! I learned so much from them! I am going to miss them a lot and I really hope that they keep in touch with all of us! And you can't see this, but in front of us there are about two hundred more missionaries milling around and even more behind us! So we really are an army! 
I have loved getting to know that new district as well. I really like one companionship in paricular. Hermana Frost and Hermana Staker are so cute and they are really fun to be around. They are going to California and New York! So that is really fun! It is so cool to see all the missionaries gathered from all over the world and going to all places in the world! I can't wait to actually get to Costa Rica! I know for a fact that my spanish is not yet ready, but I am so ready to just be there! I can't wait! 
This week I studied a lot about the Plan of Salvation and I urge everyone to also study it more. Try to really understand what the Plan truly is and how much God actually loves us. Because believe me, it is a lot. As I have been studying, it has felt like I am learning everything all over again and really feeling the joy of what it means to be followers of Christ and children of God. Even though I have read and understood what the Plan of Salvation was, it felt like learning it for the first time. And I can't wait to help others feel the excitement and joy that I have felt while learning about God's plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment