Hermana Douglas

Hermana Douglas

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 1: MTC

Hola Mama!
The MTC is crazy!! I think that me and Jeff are going to have totally different MTC experiences. For one, when you learn a language they give you all of these books and then just sit you down in this classroom with your teacher. He then only speaks Spanish at you. No english at all. And everyone is just looking frazzled and you don't know what is going on. It was so crazy. But I am learning. Quite a bit of the stuff I learned in high school is coming back to me. My companion is Hermana Waterlyn. She is actually 24, graduated from Utah State University with an english teaching degree and is from Pleasant Grove. I really like her. We get along really well. This letter is pretty short because they are just giving us 10 minutes to write. I really like the MTC. I already feel like I am learning so much and that I can feel the spirit all the time. We learned about teaching by the spirit and we already taught 3 "investigators" yesterday as big groups. I think the hardest part here is going to be learning how to teach in Spanish. All I can really say is that it is so crazy but that I love it already. I love you guys and I will be honest, It hasn't really hit me that I won't see you in a long time yet! I will probably miss you more next week but for now I am good. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment